Restylane® Post Treatment Care
Please observe the following after treatment with Restylane®
- Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area) may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sun bathing).
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another occurrence. Speak to your physician about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high dosese of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.