BOTOX® Cosmetic Post Treatment Care
- Try to exercise your treated muscles 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This helps to work Botox into your muscles. Although this is thought to help, it will NOT impact your treatment.
- Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 2 hours after your treatment. Do NOT do strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. Also avoid facials or saunas for 4 hours after treatment. This will minimize the risk of raising your blood pressure and therefore minimize the risk of temporary bruising. Feel free to shower and go about most other regular daily activities.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply makeup within 4 hours after treatment, use a gentle touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until this time period has passed before assessing your final result
- Our office will need to see you for a 2 week followup visit. If there are areas that require further augmentation, this can be discussed with your surgeon.
- BOTOX® requires a special technique in order to customize the injections to your individual musculature. It is important that your muscle activity recovers, but that your skin does not show the same crease lines present prior to treatment.
- BOTOX® is a temporary cosmetic procedure, with initial results lasting approximately 3-4 months. If you maintain your treatment with the frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment may last longer than 4 months.
- To schedule your two week followup visit, please contact our office at (201) 444-5355.